The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and connectivity which enables these things to connect, collect and exchange data, creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, resulting in efficiency improvements, economic benefits, and reduced human exertions.(that's IOT from wiki)
A simple beginners IOT based switching action is done in this project.
Things we need in this project is:
2. 1 led with 200ohm resister.
3. Arduino IDE and Blynk library
4. Blynk App on your phone.
NodeMCU is an open source IoT platform.It includes firmware which runs on the ESP8266 Wi-Fi SoC from Espressif Systems, and hardware which is based on the ESP-12 module.The term "NodeMCU" by default refers to the firmware rather than the development kits.(source: https://en.wikiphttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NodeMCUedia.org/wiki/NodeMCU)
First try to install NodeMcu board!!
1. Go to: tools\board\board manager\esp8266 (search online)
else if not found
2. goto file\preferences then look for additional board manager urls. paste "http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json" and repeat step-1 install esp8266 board from there.
Search for blynk Library or simply download it from:https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library
After downloading it:
1. Decompress and paste the folder in Arduino library present in documents. (e.g. paste it at C:\Users\*****\Documents\Arduino\libraries
2. Start arduino IDE and you can see custom example of BLYNK library at file\examples.
3. Connect nodeMce to PC. choose correct board,in my case-NodeMCU 1.0(ESP 12E module). Select the correct COM port(select the com which appears after connecting nodeMcu).
4. In arduino IDE go to:files\examples\blynk\boards_wifi\esp8266_standalone.
5. 3 things to edit here a-"YourAuthToken", b-"YourNetworkName", c-"YourPassword"
'b' is your wifi network name (must connceted to internet) and 'c' is password set for that wifi network. "YourAuthToken"-this will be discussed later after using the blynk app. After getting the authToken replace it and burn the code to nodeMcu.
6. Press reset. Watch connection Status on serial monitor.
Jobs with the blynk App:
1. Download blynk App
2.Open the app login with FB or other methods.
3.Click on New project. Name the project(e.g. Iotswitch_gg). Choose Device: NodeMCU. Then create.
4.Authtoken is sent to your mentioned Email. Copy the authtoken and replace it in the code in nodeMCU. You can also get the Authtoken in the project setting.
5. Follow the steps in the app.
Hope you get it right!!!
KEEP VISITING MY BLOG.